what is the factor on which magnitude of magnetic field depends?
Asked by ppratim02 | 1st Jul, 2014, 02:35: PM
The magnitude of magnetic field at a point due to a straight current carrying wire depends upon:
- The current passing through the wire - directly proportional, greater the current in wire , stronger will be the magnetic field produced.
- The distance of that point from the wire- inversely proportional,greater the distance of the point from the current carrying wire, weaker will be the magnetic field produced at that point.
The magnitude of magnetic field produced by a current carrying circular loop depends upon:
- The current passing through the circular loop-directly proportional.
- The radius of circular loop-inversely proportional
- Number of turns of the wire in the circular loop-directly proportional.
The magnitude of magnetic field produced by a current carrying solenoid depends upon:
- The number of turns in the solenoid-Larger the number of turns in the solenoid, greater will be the magnetism produced.
- The strength of current in the solenoid-Larger the current passed through the solenoid, stronger will be the magnetic field.
- The nature of core material in making solenoid-Use of soft iron rod as core in a solenoid produces the strongest magnetism.
Answered by Jyothi Nair | 2nd Jul, 2014, 08:47: AM
- describe an activity to plot the magnetic field around a straight current carrying conductor
- if the current is flowing in the diretioning of magnetic field lines
- what is magnet
- Please answer
- What is a positive test charge?
- what is ampere swimming rule
- what is a magnetic field
- With the help of a diagram of experimental setup describe an activity to show that the force acting on a current carrying conductor placed in a magnetic field increases with increase in field strength.
- describe an activity to show magnetic field lines around a current carrying circular conductor
- All questions
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number