What is the difference between mixture and compound?
Asked by | 22nd Aug, 2008, 08:55: PM
- The composition of a mixture is variable.
- Each of its components retains its characteristic properties.
- Its components are easily separated
- The relative proportions of the elements in a compound are fixed.
- The components of a compound do not retain their individual properties. Both sodium and chlorine are poisonous; their compound, table salt - NaCl - is absolutely essential to life.
- It takes large inputs of energy to separate the components of a compound.
Answered by | 22nd Aug, 2008, 10:48: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number