What is the difference between flaccidity and plasmolysis ???
Asked by dixiciju | 22nd Mar, 2020, 06:48: PM
- When a living plant cell is placed in a hypertonic solution, it loses water through osmosis. There is shrinkage or contraction of the contents of the cell. This process is known as plasmolysis.
- Flaccidity is the condition which occurs when a plant cell is placed in an isotonic solution.
- Flaccid cells are those whose protoplast has no turgor pressure. Plasmolysis cells are those whose protoplast has no turgor pressure and is also shrunken.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 23rd Mar, 2020, 10:28: AM
- The water reaches to the top most part of a tree due to the transpirational pull during day time. What makes water rise upwards during night?
- Why balsam plant is always used in most of the plant experiments.
- what are osmosis
- does osmotic pressure occur due to the weight and pressure exerted by the liquid in the cell?
- in which direction does osmotic pressure occur? towards the centre of the cell or towards the wall? give reasons.
- why does osmotic pressure occur?
- State true or false raisins when submerged in water swell up due to endosmosis
- What is the significance of diffusion and osmosis in both plants and animals?
- The following paragraph is related to absorption of water from the soil. Complete the following paragraph by selecting the correct word from those given below. You may use a term only once. (exosmosis, hypertonic, osmosis, isotonic, hypotonic, cortical, endosmosis, phloem). Water enters the root hair from the soil by the process of (i) __________. This is because the solution in the soil is (ii) __________ whereas the cell sap in the root hair cell is (iii) __________. The water then passes through the (iv) __________ cells by cell to cell (v) __________ and reaches the xylem of the root. please answer question number (1) & (v).
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number