what is the difference between ac and dc generator
Asked by kotharibhushana | 22nd Jun, 2018, 09:29: PM
AC generators are devices that generate alternating current ( current changing its direction at 50 Hz) using the principle of electromagnetic induction. A copper coil rotates in a magnetic field and generates induced EMF to produce electrical energy for industrial, commercial and domestic use. In AC generator mechanical energy is converted into electrical energy.
DC generator:- no mechanical device that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy that gives DC or direct current, i.e., fixed current direction.
We can call batteries and cells as DC generators that convert chemical energy into electrical energy. The AC current produced by AC generator can be rectified using diodes and capacitors to make it as direct current (DC)
Answered by | 25th Jun, 2018, 08:57: AM
- What is an electromagnet AMD what it consist of
- electro magnet is made up of which core
- what is the need to convert dynamo to ac
- name the physical quantities for electromagnetic induction
- An atom has electronic configuration 2,8,7.
- name the device in which a current carrying conductor and magnetic field are used
- 1) What is the principle of solar heating devices? 2)How AC generator can be converted into DC?
- Difference between ac and dc generator
- What is electro magnetic induction?
- what is an induced current ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number