What is the difference b/w endocytosis and exocytosis ?
Asked by badesraajay | 5th Jul, 2015, 01:48: PM
1. Endocytosis is the cellular uptake of biological molecules and particulate matter via formation of new vesicles from the plasma membrane but exocytosis is the cellular secretion of biological molecules by the fusion of vesicles containing them with the plasma membrane.
2. Example of endocytosis is engulfment of bacteria by the white blood cells during defense mechanism and example of exocytosis is release of hormones out of the cell
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 5th Jul, 2015, 05:43: PM
- difference between intrinsic and extrinsic protein
- what is plasmolysis
- what is diffusion?
- explain diffusion
- what is meiosis and mitosis ?
- Please explain clearly about the transportation of material across cell.
- what is dehydrated
- what is osmosis
- How do substance like CO2 water move in and out of the cell? Discuss
- what is isotonic
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number