What is the chemical composition of plasma membrane?
Asked by sumvee2002 | 5th Jun, 2014, 11:01: AM
Lipids and proteins constitute the major components of plasma membrane. Some of the proteins and lipids may have oligosaccharides, covalently attached to them. There are glycoproteins mainly facing the extracelluar matrix and some cholestrol molecules to maintain the membrane fluidity.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 5th Jun, 2014, 04:29: PM
- Why is endoplasmic reticulum considered as a supportive framework of the cell ?
- Describe the structure and function of stomata?
- Difference between meisos and mitosis
- Can you help me to solve the match the following.
- what are Golgi apparatus I didn't understand it
- what is rough endoplasmic reticulm
- what is endoplasmic rectilum
- What is difference between plastids and mitochondria
- Why is mitocondria called the power house of the cell
- Explain the structure of chloroplast
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number