What is oxydation ?
Asked by sm_tomar | 10th Aug, 2018, 07:46: PM
Oxidation is a reaction in which the addition of oxygen or removal of hydrogen takes place.
ZnO + C → Zn +CO
C to CO is an oxidation reaction since O is being added to C
Answered by Ramandeep | 11th Aug, 2018, 07:57: PM
- Why does the Qutub minar not rusted stil
- what is the chemical equation of quick lime?
- Why do ship get damaged in spite of being painted?
- Write a word equation to represent the process of rusting of iron.Also write the chemical symbols and formulae of all the substances involved
- What is Redox reaction ?
- What is reduction ?
- (i) What kind of a change is rusting? (ii) Can damp air cause rusting?
- Name the process of depositing a layer of zinc on iron. Give two examples of objects on which zinc coating is done.
- Explain how galvanization of an iron object prevents it from rusting.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number