What is noble metal
Asked by computer.network149 | 14th Feb, 2020, 05:24: AM
Noble metals are the metals which are not easily attacked by the acids.
Also, they resist the oxidation and corrosion in moist air.
Example: Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium
Answered by Varsha | 14th Feb, 2020, 11:07: AM
- If dilute sulfuric acid is poured on a copper plate
- (i) Name the metal which reacts with water only when it is red hot and steam is passed over it. (ii) Write the chemical equation involved.
- (i) How do non-metals react with acids? (ii) Which gas is emitted when metals react with acids?
- Which property of non-metals is employed in protecting some highly reactive non-metals which quickly react in air?
- (a) What happens when calcium reacts with cold water?(b) Why does calcium metal starts floating in water after the reaction?
- Why do we get a popping sound when we bring a burning stick near the mouth of test tube containing acids and metals?
- A metal with silvery appearance is slowly tarnished in air. It reacts with boiling water and evolves hydrogen gas. Dilute hydrochloric acid reacts vigorously with metal evolving hydrogen gas. (i)Identify the metal and (ii) Also write the reactions involved.
- (i)Which metal reacts with hot boiling water to give metal hydroxide and with steam to give metal oxide. (ii)Write the chemical equations involved.
- Write the equations for the reactions of: (i) Iron with dilute hydrochloric acid. (ii) Aluminium with dilute hydrochloric acid (iii) Gold with dilute hydrochloric acid
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number