What is meant by triple fission and double fertilisation??
Asked by | 24th Feb, 2008, 03:23: PM
The process of fusion of a male gamete with 2 polar nuclei is called triple fusion.
The fertilization process in which one sperm cell of a pollen grain fertilizes an egg cell while second fuses with two polar nuclei to produce a triploid body that gives rise to the endosperm.
Answered by | 30th Nov, 2017, 02:26: PM
- Asexual reproduction is not suitable for higher organisms. Why??
- Advantages of spore formation
- do money plants produce seeds?if no why?
- what are the advantages and disadvantages of vegetative propagation?
- Name the type of asexual reproduction in which individuals are formed from a single parent and the parental identity is lost. Name the type of division involved in such type of reproduction. [In the sample paper the answer given is binary fission.Ambiotic division—The answer can't be multiple fission]
- How does binary fission differ from multiple fission
- which trait will a new flower shows when we use grafting between red rose and white rose ?
- Explain with examples different methods of asexual reproduction in plants
- explain vegetative propagation in plants and also mention their advantages and disvantages?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number