What is meant by translocation with respect to transport in plants?


Asked by reshmasouza2010 | 11th Mar, 2019, 08:58: PM

Expert Answer:

Transport of soluble product of photosynthesis or food from leaves to other parts of plants is called translocation.

For translocation, food molecules enter the part of the phloem called the sieve tubes where they can be transported upwards or downwards to all parts of the plant including roots.Translocation is achieved by utilizing energy from the ATP that provides osmotic pressure required for upward and downward movement of food.

Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 11th Mar, 2019, 09:35: PM