What is meant by the term 'green manure'? State its role in agriculture.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Prior to sowing of the crop seeds, some plants like sun hemp or guar are grown and then mulched by ploughing them into the soil.This is called green manure.
Green manure helps in enriching the soil with nitrogen and phosphorous.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- what is harvedting
- mention the preventive and control measure used before grain are stored?
- "Ration of crop also help in pest control." What is meant by ration of crop?
- What are the objectives of crop variety improvement
- raw mango pieces are sprinkled with salt before pickling
- Enlist some factors for which variety improvement is done in plants.
- Compare fertilizers and manures.
- What is 'green manuring'? List any two commonly used green manure crops and name two macronutrients provided by green manure.
- How are cultivation practices and crop yield related to weather? Describe any three factors for which variety improvement is done.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number