What is meant by acropetal and basipetal order?
Asked by samirkumarsarma | 6th May, 2018, 10:06: AM
Acropetal order(modified form of racemose inflorescence)refers to the arrangement of flowers on the pedicel that the new flowers and buds are at the apex and the older flowers are at the base whereas vice-versa is for basipetal order which is a modified form of cymose inflorescence (i.e new flowers are at the bottom and older flowers are at the top)
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 6th May, 2018, 10:52: AM
- define inflorescence
- A tendril is not seen in tall trees. Why
- What is the difference between dorsoventral and isobilateral leaf
- Define stem.
- What are nodes and internodes?
- Name the plants whose stems are modified to store food.
- State the function of stem tendrils.
- What are thorns? Give one example of a plant in which thorns are found.
- Define leaf.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number