ICSE Class 9 Answered
<div>What is mean by buoyancy </div>
Asked by Gundala Sudarshan | 18 Aug, 2016, 03:55: PM
- In a column of fluid, pressure increases with the increase in depth due to the weight of the over lying fluid.
- That is why the pressure at the bottom of a column of the fluid is greater than at the top of the column.
- The same phenomenon causes the pressure at the bottom of an object submerged in a fluid to be greater than at the top of the object.
- This difference in the pressure results in a net upwards force on the object.
- Therefore an upward force exerted by a fluid that opposes the weight of an immersed object on it is called Buoyancy.
- It is also known as upthrust.
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 19 Aug, 2016, 01:25: PM
ICSE 9 - Physics
Asked by tirtharoychowdhury351 | 21 Jun, 2018, 12:21: AM
ANSWERED BY EXPERT