What is kinetic moleculer theory.Define heat according to kinetic molecular theory
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 7th Nov, 2017, 05:42: PM
the kinetic molecular theory states the following
all molecules move in a random fashion
each molecule moves in a straight line until it collides with other molecule or wall of the container
All collisions are instantaneous. the mean distance between two molecules is much greater than the diameter or size of the molecule
No force of attraction exists between molecules and walls of container
Temperature is related to heat and kinetic theory states that temperature is decided by the average kinetic energy of molecules and temperature increase when there is more heat supplied to the system
Answered by Gajendra | 7th Dec, 2017, 02:15: PM
- In the principle of caloriemetry we have to assume that there is no loss of heat but it is not the same practically is the law of conservation violated in this case??
- ch. heat numerical 8
- exercise 11 b q 8
- Why inorder to measure specific heat capacity we consider unit mass only and why is it not dependent on mass?
- What is the meaning of the following: When two bodies are placed in contact, the total amount of heat is equal to the sum of heat of individual body.
- A Calorimeter of mass 50 grams and specific heat capacity 0.42 J/ g ℃ contains some mass of water at 20 ℃. A metal piece of mass 20 grams at 100℃ is dropped into the calorimeter. After stirring, the final temperature is found to be 22℃. Find the mass of water used in the calorimeter. (Specific Heat capacity of metal piece: 0.3 J/g ℃ Specific Heat capacity of water: 4.2 J/g ℃)
- how can i solve calorimetry numerocals
- si unit of energy
- IF A HEATER WITH POWER 1000W GIVES 3.6*10^6 joules OF HEAT ENERGY IN ONE HOUR.WHAT WILL BE THE TEMPERATURE RAISED IN THE 50KG OF WATER TEMPERATURE 30 DEGREE CELCIUS BY THAT HEAT.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number