what is inertia pof direction?
Asked by kaushal_012 | 21st Aug, 2014, 12:53: PM
The ability of a body to oppose the change in its direction is called inertia of direction.
Consider the following example:
1) When a bus takes a left, the passengers in it lean towards right. When the bus takes a left turn, its velocity changes direction towards left and the feet of the passengers also cahnge their velocity vector to left. However, the upper body not in contact with the bus tends to remain in the original direction, and hence, lens towards right.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 22nd Aug, 2014, 10:12: AM
- explain the derivation of laws of motion
- A hockey ball of mass 200g travelling at 10m/s is struck by a hockey stick so as to return it along its original path with a velocity at 5m/s.Calculate the change of linear momentum occurred in the motion of the hockey ball by the force applied by the hockey stick.
- The concept of inertia was developed by
- WHY DOES A CAR NEEDS TO BE PUSHED HARD ?
- Derive 1st law of motion from second law of motion
- Two bodies have mass 10kg and 15kg have identical size. Which has more inertia?
- According to newton's first law of motion an object tends to remain at rest or in uniform motion until and unless and external forces acts on it so suppose a dog is sleeping and then suddenly it wakes up and starts walking so it has come into motion without any external force acting on it how
- What is there law of Newton?
- A hammer of mass 500g, moving at 50m/s, strikes a nail. The nail stops the hammer in a very short time of 0.01s. What is the force of the nail on the hammer?
- #Jiochat Information about the devices which are works based on the principal of Newton.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number