WHAT IS GREEN REVOLUTION,BLUE REVOL,WHITE REVOLUTION, YELLOW REVOLUTION,GOLDEN REVOLUTION?
Asked by Asmita | 23rd Aug, 2015, 08:39: PM
- Green Revolution: Production of High Yielding Varieties (HYV) of seeds led to an increase in agricultural production which considerably reduced food shortage and generated more income in the agriculture sector in developing countries. This is known as the Green Revolution.
- White Revolution: The Operation Flood enhanced the growth of milk production and encouraged Indian dairy farmers to keep more animals for increasing production of milk. This is known as White Revolution.
- Blue Revolution: The adoption of a package programme to increase the production of fish and marine products is called Blue Revolution. It led to a remarkable emergence of aquaculture as an important and highly productive agricultural activity.
- Yellow Revolution: Yellow revolution refers to a sudden increase in the production of edible oil due to the plantation of hybrid oil seeds like mustard, sesame, etc. involving complementary technologies for oil production.
- Golden Revolution: The significant increase in the production of vegetables, fruits, honey and other horticultural products is called Golden Revolution.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 24th Aug, 2015, 10:53: AM
- what are biotic and abiotic factors in crop production?
- Describe the longevity and composition (i.e., ingredients, vitamins, minerals, etc.) of basic food materials
- differentiate between intercropping and crop rotation
- Differentiate between: River Lift System and River Valley System of Irrigation.
- What precautions should we take while storing the crops?
- how can nutrient of the soil be replenished
- At the time of cultivation when different plants are grown with crops is there any reproduction between them
- What is the meaning of "NAMETODES" ? What is the meaning of "Peigon pea Green gram and lentill.Will they gives us protiens if yes how ??
- Explain any 3 methods of weed control.
- What is the difference between Genetic Manipulation and Hybridisation?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number