What is friction? Explain how it takes place.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Friction is retarding force which comes into action when a body moves or tends to move over a surface. Every surface if seen closely has some irregularities. Even at molecular level some irregularities exists. When such surfaces come in contact they tend to get interlocked giving rise to friction.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- Q8:If the normal force is doubled,then coefficient of friction is
- it is easy to pull lawnmover than to push it
- 5th sum.plz
- 3rd sum plz
- State the types of friction.
- Explain briefly: (a) Static Friction (b) Kinetic friction
- State the methods to reduce friction.
- Ice skating is based on the phenomena of reduced friction. Explain briefly.
- Determine the acceleration of the car in which a box lying on its floor will remain stationary, given that the co-efficient of static friction between the box and the train's floor is 0.25.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number