What is fractional distillation?
Asked by Shashank Shekhar | 6th Aug, 2014, 09:20: PM
Fractional distillation is a special type of distillation ,which separates the mixture of compounds into their component fractions.In this separation process the chemical compounds are separated by heating them to a temperature (boiling point) at which several fractions of compound will evaporate, thereby seperating the components.Fractional distillation is the most common form of separation technology used in petroleum refineries,petrochemical plants and in natural gas processing.Petroleum is the crude oil which is a complex mixture of several hydrocarbons mixed with water, salt and other earth particles.Petroleum cannot be used as a fuel as such, it has to be purified or refined by the process of fractional distillation.The fractional distillation of petroleum gives fractions such as petroleum gas,petrol,diesel,kerosene and fuel oil which can be used as fuels.
Answered by Jyothi Nair | 7th Aug, 2014, 09:10: AM
- What is bombarding with 'low energy neutrons'? ?
- What is solar constant
- how does a water. mill and a wind mill work
- what is solar cell
- compare and contrast fossil fuels and the sun as direct sources of energy
- state true or false inside a nuclear reactor there are several rods of uranium used as coolant.
- Sir / Madam, the answer in mcq for sun is exhaustible or inexhaustible is exhaustible. But according to google sun stop shining after about 5 billion years because all the hydrogen in its core will run out which is the main fuel due to the sun produces light . So, how is sun an exhaustible resource...... https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1DFOC_enIN722IN722&sxsrf=ALeKk01FxDzzR6NaiqJemSXjUgozE6Es6A%3A1583300076347&ei=7D1fXuboFOOZmgewopyQBA&q=will+sun+someday+stop+shining&oq=will+sun+someday+stop+shining&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30.3573.5587..6812...0.2..0.274.1316.0j6j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.xERtvtCTqGA&ved=0ahUKEwjmjv60jIDoAhXjjOYKHTARB0IQ4dUDCAs&uact=5 ( FOR REFERENCE).
- write the energy conversion that takes place in hydropwer plant
- Write difference between thermal power and hydro power plant on the basis of energy generation
- What is the basis of nuclear energy.Explain briefly.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number