what is edema?
Asked by ajeet | 17th Oct, 2017, 09:35: AM
Edema is swelling caused by excess fluid trapped in the body's tissues. It mostly affects feet, ankles and legs
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 20th Oct, 2017, 10:05: AM
- Osmotic Pressure of 0.4% urea solution is 1.64 atm and that of 3.42% cane sugar is 2.46 atm. When the above two solutions are mixed , the OP of the solution is (a) 0.82 atm (b) 2.46 atm (c) 1.64 atm (d) 4.10 atm
- In barkeley and Hartley method of determining osmotic pressure How the osmotic pressure is balanced by the external pressure so that there is no strain in membrane
- In ncert it is written that isotonic solutions are that solutions that have osmotic pressure . I want to know that what are isosmotic ? Is isotonic and isosmotic are the same thing
- a solution containing 6 g of benzoic acid in 50 g of ether (C2H,OC,Hs) has a vapour pressure of 410 mm o mercury at 293 K. Given that the vapour pressure of ether at the same temperature is 442 of calculate the molecular mass of benzoic acid. (Assume that the solution is dilute)
- An aqueous solution of urea had a freezong point of -0.40 celsius. Calculate the osmostic pressure of the same solution at 37 C. Asume that the molarity and molality are numerically equal.
- A solution containing 4 g of a non-volatile organic solute per 100 mL was found to have an osmotic pressure equal to 500 cm of mercury at 27oC27oC.The molecular weight of solute is: A 14.97 B 149.7 C 1697 D 1.497
- What osmotic pressure would 1.25 molal sucrose solution exhibit at 25 degree Celsius the density of solution is 1.34 gram per ml
- 1 l of aqueous solution of sucrose molar mass 342 gram per mole having wait 10 15 gram is found to record an Osmotic pressure of 4.82 ATM at 293 Kelvin what is the molality of the solution
- At 300 K. 18g of glucose present per litre its solution has an osmotic pressure of 4.98 bars .If the osmotic pressure of solution is 1.52 bars on the same temperature, what would be its concentration?
- A solution containing 10.2g of glycerin per litre is found to be isotonic with 2% solution of glucose (molar mass = 180 g mol-1). Calculate the molar mass of glycerin.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number