What is dispersed phase and dispersed medium?
Asked by Muruga | 10th Feb, 2018, 05:20: PM
The phase that is scattered or present in the form of colloidal particles is called the dispersed phase.
The medium in which the colloidal particles are dispersed is called the dispersion medium.
Example: In a starch solution, starch represents the dispersed phase, while water represents the dispersion medium.
Answered by | 10th Feb, 2018, 10:52: PM
- What is soluble ?
- What is dispersed face and dispersion medium in fumis stone
- What mass of potassium nitrate would be needed to produce a saturated solution of potassium nitrate in 50 grams of water at 313k
- dear expert toppers team plaease help me in my study that what is isotonic solution
- define a solution?
- What do you mean by the terms: solute and solvent? Identify them in the following solutions: (i) Sugar solution (ii) Soft drinks.
- What is meant by the term unsaturated solution?
- Give difference between dilute and concentrated solution.
- Give two examples each of (a) colloids (b) suspension (c) true solution.
- How will you find out the exact amount of solute in a solvent?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number