WHAT IS DIAPHGRAM
Asked by deepankerdas14 | 8th Nov, 2014, 02:25: PM
The diaphragm is the dome-shaped sheet of muscle and tendon that serves as the main muscle of respiration and plays a vital role in the breathing process.When we inhale, the diaphragm contracts and is drawn inferiorly into the abdominal cavity until it is flat.During exhalation, the rib cage drops to its resting position while the diaphragm relaxes and elevates to its dome-shaped position in the thorax. Air within the lungs is forced out of the body as the size of the thoracic cavity decreases.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 8th Nov, 2014, 10:26: PM
- what is aerobic respreation
- oxygen is used for - of food
- Is Lactic acid and ethyl alcohol same?
- in the absence of oxygen and glucose breakdown into
- Why is mitochondria called the powerhouse of the cell ?
- What is respiration
- If I was running after many days my leg was started paining then I was go to doctor doctor says that nothing happened to you after sometime you will feel better explained that
- What are pancreatic juices
- what is respiration?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number