What is couple
Asked by niveditagh719 | 23rd Aug, 2020, 02:40: PM
Two equal and opposite parallel forces not acting along the same line, form a couple. A couple is always needed to produce the rotation.
For example: - when we open a door, the rotation ofthe door is produced by a couple consisting of two forces: one, the force which we exert at the handle of door and the other, an equal and opposite force of reaction at the hinge.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 23rd Aug, 2020, 09:03: PM
- types of motion
- what is clock wise and anti clock wise moments
- What is principle of moments?
- what is force
- ques.6 and 7
- A uniform metre scale is balanced at 60 cm mark,when weights of 5 gf and 40 gf are suspendedat 10cm and 80 cm mark respectively.Weight of the metre rule will be a) 45 gf b)55 gf c) 65 gf d)None
- P,Qand R are the coplanar forces each of magnitude 4 N shown in the adjoining diagram..the point Of lies in the same plane...calculate a. the least moment about O. b. the greatest moment about O a. the
- what do known about force
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number