what is chromosomal theory?
Asked by moumita.19061999 | 14th May, 2016, 10:21: AM
Mendel's Law of chromosomal inheritance was once again explained with certain mechanism by Walter Sutton in which he observed the the separation of chromosomes into daughter cells during meiosis . Together, these observations led to the development of the Chromosomal Theory of Inheritance, which identified chromosomes as the genetic material responsible for Mendelian inheritance.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 15th May, 2016, 10:06: AM
- define cryopreservation
- How to distinguish between transformants and recombinants
- What is genetic engineering and how's it's work.
- state the importance of dna ligase in biotech
- Recombination in bacteria involves transfer of genetic material from one bacterial cell to another. Explain these methods briefly.
- Why is enzyme cellulase used for isolating genetic material from plant cells but not from animal cells?
- What is a bioreactor?
- Name the type of bioreactor shown. Write the purpose for which it is used.
- How and why is bacterium Thermus aquaticus employed in recombinant DNA technology? Explain.
- (i) Mention the number of primers required in each cycle of polymerase chain reaction (PCR). Write the role of primers and DNA polymerase in PCR. (ii) Give the characteristic feature and source organism of DNA polymerase used in PCR.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number