What is Biot - Savart law. (in the form of a statement please)
Asked by pksunilnair | 3rd Oct, 2017, 03:08: PM
The Biot–Savart Law is an equation in electromagnetism that describes the magnetic field B generated by an electric current. The vector field B depends on the magnitude, direction, length, and proximity of the electric current, and also on a fundamental constant called the magnetic constant. The law is valid in the magnetostatic approximation, and results in a B field consistent with both Ampère's circuital law and Gauss's law for magnetism The Biot–Savart law is used to compute the magnetic field generated by a steady current, i.e. a continual flow of charges, for example through a wire, which is constant in time and in which charge is neither building up nor depleting at any point.
The equation is as follows:
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 3rd Oct, 2017, 04:16: PM
- derivation and expression for the magnetic induction at point dou to strith current carring condoctor
- An electron and a proton having equal momenta enter a uniform magnetic field at right angles to the field lines. What will be the ratio of the radii of curvature of their trajectories?
- State Biot Savart's law for the magnetic field produced at a point due to current element.
- How will you find the direction of the magnetic field produced due to the current element of conductor?
- Find the magnetic field produced by a long straight conductor of length L carrying current I of negligible area of cross section at a point on the conductor itself?
- When will be the magnetic field produced at a point due to current element maximum and minimum?
- Find the magnetic field induction at a point on the axis of a circular coil carrying current.
- Find the magnetic field produced if the point lies at the centre of circular coil carrying current?
- What happens to the magnetic field of the coil on its axis at a point very very far away from its centre, if the radius of the coil is doubled keeping the current flowing through it unchanged?
- Deduce the expression for the magnetic field induction at the centre of a circular electron orbit of radius r and angular velocity of orbiting electron ω.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number