what is bast cell?
Asked by vijaypjnv1036 | 1st Apr, 2020, 10:53: PM
- Phloem Fibres also called bast fibres are an important component of the phloem tissue.
- They are made of sclerenchymatous cells.
- Phloem fibres are absent in the primary phloem but present in the secondary phloem.
- Fibres are elongated, unbranded and bear pointed apices.
- The cells walls are thick.
- They lose their protoplasm at maturity and become dead.
- The fibres of jute, hemp and flax are of commercial use.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 2nd Apr, 2020, 11:34: AM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number