What is bad zone?
Asked by labheshvaidya | 26th Apr, 2019, 05:39: PM
Ozone occurs in two layers of the atmosphere.
- The layer closest to the Earth's surface is the troposphere. Here, ground-level or bad ozone is an air pollutant that is harmful to breathe and it damages crops, trees and other vegetation.
- The second layer of the atmosphere is the stratosphere or the good ozone layer. It extends upward from about 6 to 30 miles and protects life on Earth from the sun's harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 26th Apr, 2019, 05:57: PM
- What is the important function of presence of ozone in earth’s atmosphere?
- Explain biomagnification with the help of DDT in water i.e. in the food chain phytoplankton→zooplankton→small fish→big fish→human
- 1.What is ozonification & deozonification?
- sir i cannot understand the environment chapter of class 10.Can you please explain me
- Name two waste material which can be recycled
- Depletion of ozone layer
- Suggest a way to dispose vegetable peels so that the environment is not polluted
- Explain how the pesticides enter a food chain and subsequently get into our body
- Do oxygen exist above the ozone layer ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number