What is an alkyl?Does it have any formula?
Asked by | 11th Mar, 2008, 04:09: PM
Alkyl group is 1 hydrogen less than the parent hydrcabon example methane is CH4 and methyl is CH3. So general formula of alkyl will be Cn H2n +1 for alkanes Cn H2n +2 and in naming yl will replace ane.
Answered by | 20th Dec, 2017, 05:03: PM
- Structure of diamond and graphite using vsepr theory
- Respected Mam/Sir Can you pls give me the definition of butane ring..Where it is used? Is it neccesary to use it or is there any other way other than using it?
- A mixture of O2 and ethyne is used for welding purpose. Can you tell why a mixture of ethyne and air is not used?
- Explain how the fullerenes can be made good conductor of electricity
- How can we easily remember the Naming of carbon compond
- lewis dot structure and explanation of H2SO4 and CO
- Show me the electron dot structure of CH2(Methylene).Also show the bonding.(2 or 3 marks)
- What are carbon compounds?
- mam/sir, I made one formula to find the number of covalent bonds between the hydrocarbon so please will you tell me that it really works or not
- What is the importance of homologous series
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number