What is alumino-thermic reduction?

Asked by  | 19th Mar, 2008, 04:45: PM

Expert Answer:

it is a process to weld broken piecec of iron rails girders etc  it is also called thermit or gokdschmidt's reaction  .

a mix of 3 parts of iron oxide n 1 part of Al powder called thermit  i staken in a crucible with a hole at base . this cricible is placed over broken part n thermot is ignited by mix of KClO3   n Mg  using a fuse of burning Mg

vigrous reac occur n temp of3000 C is acieved  molte iron from ironoxide n Al  drops over broken gap n fills it

Answered by  | 21st Dec, 2017, 12:44: PM