What is advanced sunrise nad delayed sunset?explain.
Asked by Anshumaan | 12th Mar, 2017, 12:08: PM
Advanced sunrise and delayed sunset are phenomena caused due to atmospheric refraction. In this the Sun appears to rise early by 2 minutes and set late by 2 minutes.
The diagram below shows this phenomenon.
When the rays from the Sun hit the atmosphere they get refracted. Due to this the Sun appears to be at an apparent position which suggests that it has already risen. The same happens when the Sun sets. After setting the Sun still appears in the sky due to the same refraction phenomenon.
This entire sequence is a result of difference in the refractive index of atmosphere.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 12th Mar, 2017, 05:47: PM
- twinking of stars
- If the stars too are as near as planets then they donot twinkle? And if the planets are as far as stars then can they twinkle?
- Explain twinkling of stars and draw diagram.
- Why do stars appears twinkling
- Does refraction take place in the atmosphere ? Give reason.
- Provide an example to show the atmospheric refraction.
- Atmospheric refraction results into some atmospheric phenomena. State some examples.
- What is the time difference by which we see the sunset ?
- Time from sunrise to sunset is lengthened by how many minutes?
- Do planets twinkle at night? Explain.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number