What is a slice gate?

Asked by  | 18th Aug, 2012, 08:39: PM

Expert Answer:

Not sure that I understand the question, but a gate valve opens and closes to regulate or stop liquid flowing through a pipe or opening.
A sluice (slice?) gate valve (aka floodgate) is commonly used in irrigation or drainage ditches to control water flow and water level in ditches for farming, forestry, flood control, etc.

It is basically a gate controllled at its head which can be lowered using a rack or a screw, blocking the flow in pipe

Answered by  | 19th Aug, 2012, 10:49: AM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.