What is a proper definition of coelom.Explain in brief?
Asked by mehrotradeepa30 | 30th May, 2017, 08:13: PM
Body cavity or coelom is a fluid-filled cavity present between the body wall and the digestive tract. It is lined with mesoderm. All the internal organs are suspended in the coelom.
Significance of coelom:
- Acts as a shock absorber and protects the internal organs from shocks.
- Acts as a hydraulic skeleton and helps soft-bodies and segmented animals in burrowing and locomotion.
- Provides space where body organs remain suspend and better compartmentalised.
- Provides medium for circulation, transporting food, gases and nitrogenous wastes.
- Allows temporary storage of wastes.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 31st May, 2017, 12:58: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number