What is a fuse? Name different types of fuse used.
Asked by vyasanjani94 | 31st Oct, 2018, 01:01: PM
The fuse is an electric wire made of copper metal and is used to protect electrical appliances connected in the circuit from the extremely large current flowing through the circuit.
Types of fuses:
Fuse is mainly classified as:
AC fuses and DC fuses
AC fuse is then classified as High voltage fuses and low voltage fuses.
Now-a-days cartridge fuses are provided by manufacturers of costly appliances like refrigerators, television sets, geysers etc.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 31st Oct, 2018, 02:52: PM
- mention electric sign in curcuit
- How does a wire helps in the flow of the current ?
- What is the live and neutral wire
- In which direction current flows inside the cell?
- If we touch an electric wire carrying current, get a shock but when birds sit on it , they don't get any shock. Explain.
- What is electric circuit?
- what is electric circuit?
- Identify the given symbols.(i) (ii)
- What is a battery? Give some examples of devices where battery is used.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number