What happens when a Meteorites falls on the Earth?
Asked by manishasain28 | 25th Dec, 2018, 09:21: PM
When meteoroids enters eath's surface they start to glow due to heating caused due to friction. These bodies are known as meteors or shooting stars. Sometimes when these meteors survive the heat and is able to travel through all layers of atmosphere and part of it reaches the Earth's surface. Then these are called meteorites. The meteorites may occur in different size. Most of the meteorites which are found on the Earth are pebbles to fist size. However, some are very huge that could cause a destruction of area covering distance of about 1 km. One such destruction has occured 65 million years ago in Arizona.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 28th Dec, 2018, 11:57: AM
- classify satellites . which kind of satellite very useful ? why ?
- Asteroid are found between the planets
- What is a comet? How does it appear?
- After how many years can we see Halley's comet? When was it seen the last time?
- Why the bright streak of light only lasts for a very short time?
- What is a meteorite? How does it help the scientists?
- What are artificial satellites? Name the first Indian satellite.
- Which two planets have asteroids between them?
- What happen to meteors when it enters the earth’s atmosphere?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number