What happens if sulphonation of phenol is carried out at a high temperature?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 28th Mar, 2014, 09:18: AM
If sulphonation of phenol is carried out at a high temperature 4-phenol sulphonic acid is obtained.i.e the para isomer is the major product.
Answered by | 28th Mar, 2014, 11:18: AM
- C6H6O + CO2 + NaOH --
- Pl ans sir ...
- How phenol is used in the manufacture of drugs like aspirin?
- Which one among alcohols and phenols are more acidic and why?
- State the general uses of phenol.
- Write a short note on Reimer Tiemann reaction.
- What happens when phenol is heated with phthalic anhydride in presence of conc. H2SO4?
- How can you get p-cresol from Phenol?
- How are azo-dyes obtained?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number