What do you understand by the loading of source?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 11th Jul, 2014, 01:28: PM
When glucose is prepared at the source by photosynthesis, it is converted into sucrose.
Sucrose is then transported to the companion cells and then to the phloem sieve tube cells by active transport. This is called loading of the source.
Answered by | 11th Jul, 2014, 03:28: PM
- Mass flow hypothesis?
- Name the vascular tissue which transports sucrose in plants.
- Name the form of carbohydrates which is transported in plants as food.
- What are the components of phloem sap?
- Name the process by which sucrose is moved to companion cells and sieve tube cells of the phloem according to the pressure flow hypothesis.
- Define the following with respect to plants: Source Sink
- Represent the pressure flow hypothesis diagrammatically.
- The direction of movement of food in the phloem can be bidirectional. Justify.
- How will you explain that the phloem is responsible for food transport by an experiment?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number