What do you understand by magnetic fields lines?
Asked by hakimuddin73 | 13th Oct, 2017, 08:11: PM
Magnetic line of force the line of the magnetic field.
They start from the north pole of the magnet and end at the south pole.
If you draw a tangent at any point on the line the direction of tangent will be the direction of the magnetic field.
Answered by Gajendra | 29th Nov, 2017, 03:01: PM
- Explain briefly about magnetic field
- The given bar magnet is divided into three parts X ,Y ,Z Name the part where the strength of magnetic field is maximum minimum How will the density of magnetic field lines differ at these parts?
- does the strength of solenoid increase if we keep iron inside?
- In what direction will a magnetic compass deflect if it is placed on the west side of a wire which is carrying current in a vertically upward direction?
- what happen when a magnet placed in space
- Why do water spin when in a sink when plughole is removed. In which direction is the spin observed in northern hemisphere and in southern hemisphere. What makes them to spin in two different directions in different hemispheres ? Is it Coriols Effect ?
- What is the direction of magnetic field lines (i) Outside magnet (ii) inside a magnet?
- a) What is meant by a magnetic field? b) How is the direction of magnetic field at a point determined? c) What is the direction of magnetic field at the centre of a current carrying circular loop?
- How does the magnetic field due to a current-carrying conductor vary with amount of current flowing through the conductor?
- How can you prepare an electromagnet?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number