What are weeds? Give two examples of weeds. Explain why is the removal of weeds necessary from the cultivated fields? Name any two methods to control weeds.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Weeds are unwanted plants that damage the crops in the cultivated field. Example - xanthium and parthenium.
Their removal is necessary because they compete for food, space and light with the growing crops. They also take up nutrients and reduce the growth of crops
Weeds can be controlled by preventive methods such as intercropping and crop rotation, and by the use of pesticides.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- how can nutrient of the soil be replenished
- At the time of cultivation when different plants are grown with crops is there any reproduction between them
- What is the meaning of "NAMETODES" ? What is the meaning of "Peigon pea Green gram and lentill.Will they gives us protiens if yes how ??
- Explain any 3 methods of weed control.
- What is the difference between Genetic Manipulation and Hybridisation?
- What do we get from cereals,pilses ,fruit and vegetable?
- what is irrigation? why is it essential? how can you manage the need of it for crops?
- If there is heavy rainfall in a village throughout the year, what measures should the farmer take for better cropping?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number