What are the ways of comparing a line segment?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
A line segment can be measured in the following ways:
(i) Comparison by observation: By just looking at the line segments you can tell which one is longer.
(ii) Comparison by Tracing: To compare and , we use a tracing paper, trace and place the traced segment on . Then, we decide which is longer.
(iii) Comparison using Ruler and a Divider: Open the divider. Place the end point of one of its arms at A, and the end-point of the second arm at B. Take care that opening of the divider is not disturbed, lift the divider and place it on the ruler. Ensure that one end point is at the zero mark of the ruler. Now read the
mark against the other end point. This gives length of . Similarly find and then compare the two.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- if b is the mid point of acand c is the mid point of bd where abcd lie on a straight line say why ab=cd
- There is a line on which the points G, H and I lie such that H is in between G and I. (i) If = 31 and = 11, then find . (ii) If = 45 and = 61, then find .
- Find which line segment is greater without using ruler?
- Ram goes from point A to point B by path 1. Ryan goes from point C to point B by path2. Who travels greater path?
- Find on the ruler shown below:
- Find the measure of if M is between K and N, = 2x - 4, = 3x, and = 26.
- Draw and such that + ≠
- How to find the bigger line segment in the following figure:
- A plumber needs to cut a 54 inch length of pipe so that one piece of pipe is twice the length of the other piece. How far from the endpoint x should the plumber cut the pipe?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number