what are the uses of RBC, WBC. PLATELETS AND PLASMA in our body
Asked by Gagan Kaur | 14th Oct, 2017, 01:25: PM
1. Red blood cells remove carbon dioxide from our body, transporting it to the lungs for us to exhale. Red blood cell transfusions replace the heavy blood loss that can occur in an accident, during surgery or in childbirth.
2. White blood cells help fight infections by attacking bacteria, viruses, and germs that invade the body. White blood cells come into action during vaccination.
3. Blood platelets block broken blood vessels to prevent the loss of blood. Platelets are used to treat thrombocytopenia, in which there is a shortage of platelets, and they are also used to treat platelet function abnormalities.
4. Plasma maintains blood pressure and nmaintain body temperature. They are used in critical care settings for treatment of shock and burns, during surgery.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 14th Oct, 2017, 06:41: PM
- The blood type identified under ABO blood groups systems are
- The Circulatory System is made up of the _______________, ____________and blood vessels.
- 4 differences between artery and vein
- The organs of circulatory system in the body are
- Radha fell down while running. She started bleeding but it stopped after few minutes. Why?
- blood consists of a straw-coloured liquid called ............. , and different types of cells
- why body have blood
- A pigment is responsible for the Red colour of blood Name it.
- What is the function of blood plasma?
- Which blood cells act as soldiers of our body?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number