What are the two types of fermentation?Which one is responsible for causing cramps? Please send
me the answer as soon as possible.
Asked by Kalita Padmanath | 1st Jun, 2014, 11:00: AM
The two types of fermrntation include lactic acid fermentation and alcohol fermentation. In alcohol fermentation, the major products are alcohol and carbon dioxide but in lactic acid fermentation, the major product is lactic acid.
Lactic acid buildup in the muscles causes muscle cramps. Lactic-acid fermentation is an anaerobic respiration pathway that takes place when ,oxygen is not present (anaerobic pathway).When muscles are cramping, it is important to drink a lot of water to rid the muscles of the lactate. When oxygen is present again, aerobic respiration will resume.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 1st Jun, 2014, 02:57: PM
- Q4) State which of the following statements are false. Rewrite the correct statements, if false: i.Air is all around. ii.Air cannot be compressed. iii.Nitrogen is the major component of air iv.Aquatic animals do not breathe the air dissolve in water. v.All living organisms breathe air to remain alive.
- what is difference between respiration and breathing
- what is mean by respiration
- the bark are living. How do they get Oxygen and release Carbon Dioxide ?
- What features do the respiratory structure in organisms possess ?
- Explain NADPH.
- how respiration is a catabolic process?
- Hi topper learning, Mam what to do when differentiation of aerobic and anaerobic respiration is of 5 marks and each point is of 1 mark. This site has helped me a lot to score more than 90 percent.I hope you will help me. thanking you, Nakshatra, Regards
- Is respiration a decomposition reaction?Why?
- how many types of respiration are there?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number