What are the tools for finding evolutionary relationship in human
Asked by Kalae1982 | 7th Jan, 2019, 06:37: AM
(i)By studying their structural design - homologous or anologous .It can give evidences of common ancestor. Forelimbs of humans and wings of birds look different externally. However, their skeletal structure is similar. Thus, their origin is similar, but functions are different. While wings help a bird in flight, the forearm helps human beings in various activities. These structures are called homologous organs.
(ii)By the study of fossils.A million years later, some dinosaurs died at the same place with their bodies getting buried on top of the sedimentary rock. As a result, the mud, containing the dinosaurs, also turned into rock.Now, if that area is excavated deeper, dinosaur and invertebrate fossils can also be found.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 7th Jan, 2019, 09:30: AM
- What is the difference between eyes and eye spot? Which animal poses eye spot?
- Give one difference between eyes and eye spot. Which animal possesses eye spots?
- What is called phylogenetic system of classification?
- Two people looks similar but they have different ancestors. Again two people looks different but they have common ancestors.justify
- Selection of variants by environmental factors forms the basis for evolutionary processes.explain the statement with example.
- Why energy required is less for amphibians than for birds?
- How do variations arise in organism?"Variations is useful for the survival of species".justify this statement with the help of an example.
- In evolutionary term we have more common with a school boy or a chimpanzee
- How evolution and classification of organism is interlinked?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number