What are the similarities between modern cement and ancient cement
Asked by lebrahim53 | 11th Feb, 2020, 03:27: PM
Portland cement/ Modern cement is the most commonly used cement for construction work.
It is made of raw material which consists of 60% lime (calcium oxide), 25% silica (silicon dioxide) and 5% alumina.
The rest is iron oxide and gypsum (calcium sulphate).
Ancient cement is made by mixing volcanic ash in moist lime. It is a durable cement.
Modern cement and ancient cement both are used for construction work.
Answered by Varsha | 12th Feb, 2020, 12:12: PM
- what is metal
- Explain the reactions of metals and nonmetals with acids, air and water
- Write the uses of metals and nonmetals in our daily life
- Various objects made of metal and non metal
- What is the difference between modern cement and ancient cement
- most electrodes are made of platinum foils
- From where metals are occur?
- why iron is used to construct bridges and houses
- Which property of iron metal is utilized in making iron sheets required for making buckets? Why iron is used?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number