What are the rules of ray diagrams for convex mirrors?
Asked by pr_prashant | 31st Oct, 2010, 12:00: AM
Sign conventions used in mirrors :
1. All the distances are measured from the pole of a mirror.
2. Distances measured in the direction of incident ray are taken as positive.
3. Distances measured in the direction opposite to that of incident ray are taken as negative.
4. In case of a real image , distance of the image is taken as negative and in case of virtual image, distance of the image is taken as positive.
5. The focal length of a convex mirror is taken as positive and that of a concave mirror is taken as negative.
we hope this clarifies your doubt.
Answered by | 31st Oct, 2010, 09:02: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number