What are the modes of heat transfer
Asked by Subhujeetchakraborty03713 | 31st May, 2019, 08:28: PM
Conduction, convection and radiation are the three modes of heat transfer. In solids heat transfer takes place through conduction whereas in liquids and gases heat transfer takes place through convection.In radiation transfer of heat can takes place even through vacuum.
Conduction-heating of metal rod.
Convection-heationg of water in a container.
Radiation- Solar energy from the sun.
Answered by Utkarsh Lokhande | 31st May, 2019, 10:15: PM
- a hot utensil kept away from flame cools down by transferring heat to surrounding . name the process of her transfer involved
- Why Black colour umbrella in summer compare to white one?
- Please explaing me the land breeze sea breeze concept of heat?
- why do icebox have double wall?
- If atmosphere of earth is not present then what will happen to the temperature of earth?
- What is radiation?
- A hot utensil kept away from the flame cools down. How?
- Often before sunrise on a clear, calm, cold morning, ice (frost) can be seen on the top of parked cars, even when the air temperature is above freezing. Why does this happen?
- For an astronaut working outside a spaceship, the greatest loss of heat would occur by means of which mode of heat transfer?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number