what are the draw backs of oral pills?
Asked by | 10th Jan, 2013, 05:30: PM
The vast majority of women have only minor, transient undesired effects. Some side effects are uncommon but may be dangerous.
The various drawbacks include:
- Blood pressure
- Migranes and strokes
- Blood clots
- Nausea and vomiting
- Breakthrough bleeding or spotting
- Weight gain
- Darkening of the skin on the upper lip, under the eyes, or on the forehead
- Does not offer any protection against sexually transmitted infections.
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- The pill costs more than some other methods of contraception.
- Pills must be taken every day at the same time.
Answered by | 11th Jan, 2013, 09:38: AM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number