What are the conditions for which patent is given?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 10th Jun, 2014, 05:08: PM
Government grants patent to certain inventors as permission to use invention for commercial purpose.
Patent is given for the following reasons:
1. For producing new product or invention
2. Modified or improved earlier invention
3. Technical know how
4. New designing concept
Answered by | 10th Jun, 2014, 07:08: PM
- A multinational company outside India tried to sell new varieties of turmeric without proper rights. What is such an act referred to?
- Which gene was introduced in the first transgenic cow?
- What was the speciality of the milk produced by the transgenic cow Rosie?
- What is legally wrong in the US patent law? Mention the common items of biopiracy.
- For which variety of Indian rice was a patent filed by a USA Company?
- Name the biological products made in transgenic animal to treat emphysema. Explain.
- How does a transgenic organism differ from the rest of its population? Give any two examples of such organisms for human advantage.
- Biopiracy should be prevented. State why and how.
- Describe the responsibility of GEAC set up by the Indian Government.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number