What are the characteristics features of cockroach
Asked by Ria Puri | 13th Jul, 2014, 01:29: PM
The characteristics features of cockroach includes-
(i) It belongs to the phylum Arthropoda.
(ii)Exoskeleton is made of chitin and jointed.
(iii) It has spiracles (respiratory openings) on lateral side of the segments of thorax and abdomen for exchange of gases.
(iv)It has jointed legs for fast running.It has sensory bristles on legs which guige it duting locomotion.
(v)It has well developed compound eyes and sensory cells on long antenna to enable the animal move in the dark.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 14th Jul, 2014, 08:19: AM
- What is the difference between male and female cockroach?
- In cockroaches a special mode of vision is noticed... a) write the specility of vision in them b) name the organ and its basic units that perform vision in them
- Name the class and phylum to which the cockroaches belong.
- Write the scientific name for cockroach.
- What is the length of an adult Periplaneta americana?
- Name the membrane which joins the dorsal tergites and the ventral sternites in cockroaches.
- State the regions into which the body of a cockroach is segmented.
- State the name of the plates which form the exoskeleton in cockroach.
- Write the name of the sclerites which cover the body of cockroach ventrally.
- Write the name of the sclerites which cover the body of cockroach dorsally.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number