What are tansition metals and which is more dense- methanol or ethanol?

Asked by  | 5th Apr, 2012, 07:43: PM

Expert Answer:

The transition elements are those elements having a partially filled d or f subshell in any common oxidation state. The term "transition elements" most commonly refers to the d-block transition elements. But, specifically, a transition metal is one which forms one or more stable ions which have incompletely filled d orbitals.

Answered by  | 11th Apr, 2012, 09:03: AM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.