What are slip rings ? 1 mark question
Asked by sunitadhingra16 | 19th Feb, 2020, 12:40: AM
Slip rings are used in AC generator to access the induced emf in the coil .
The coil (called armature) is mechanically rotated in the uniform magnetic field by some external means.
The rotation of the coil causes the magnetic flux through it to change, so an emf is induced in the coil.
The ends of the coil are connected to an external circuit by means of slip rings and brushes , so that we get
alternating emf across the terminals connected to the brush
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 19th Feb, 2020, 11:59: AM
- What is an AC Generator? What is its principle?
- Which rule helps in finding the current induced in an AC generator?
- On what factor does the frequency of an AC generator depend?
- How power is generated in thermal power station?
- What is a multi phase generator?
- What are the advantages of three phase a.c.?
- An AC generator consists on a coil of 500 turns of area 100 cm2 each rotating at an angular speed of 75 rpm in a magnetic field of 3 x 10-2 T. Find the peak value of e.m.f induced.
- Draw a labeled diagram of an a.c. generator. Explain briefly its principle and working.
- Describe briefly, with the help of a labeled diagram, the basic elements of an A.C. generator. State its underlying principle. Show diagrammatically how an alternating emf is generated by a loop of wire rotating in a magnetic field. Write the expression for the instantaneous value of the emf induced in the rotating loop.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number