what are silos?
Asked by Sadaf Nadeem | 10th May, 2014, 07:49: PM
Silos are large towers that are used in agriculture sector for storing grains. It is used to store bulk quantities of cereals and grains. The silos may be of various types like cement silos, tower silos, bunker silos.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 11th May, 2014, 08:51: AM
- what are the Various ways by which we protect crops from weeds and pests
- define nutrient management
- what precautions must be taken while storing the grains
- what are the three types of crop
- what is winnowing and threshing ?
- what are kharif and rabi crops
- Are wheat grains stored in the gunny bags living? why or why not?
- if pesticides kill insects and pests, don't they harm the crop plants too?
- What precautions should be taken by farmers while spraying weedicides and why?
- What is the importance of threshing?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number